Friday, November 7, 2008

memories

isn't the mind an amazing thing? i mean, the fact that i can remember what it was like to be in kindergarten with mrs. henderson and the really tiny bathroom stalls, or that i feel like it was just yesterday that i was sick, laying on the floor with my pink horsey blanket and marisa let me play with her my little pony and strawberry shortcake and it meant the world to me. sometimes the details are so crisp. other times it's just the feeling that is familiar. i am amazed how a smell can jog the mind and bring back an entire conversation or situation. some days i hang on my memories, hoping they can get me through whatever it is i'm dealing with. other days i want to forget some of those memories. i am thrilled we have the ability to keep memories alive. the key is to remember. looking at pictures, spending time with loved ones, talking with family. i'm spending my time remembering today. and i'm thankful i have the memories.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Suni, do you have any idea how inspiring you are? Thank you for putting today (and yesterday) in perspective for me. Enjoy the moment.
Love,
Brandy

Nana Sue said...

Thank you Suni, I love you.

Heather K said...

That is so true. Thanks for sharing. You are amazing!