Thursday, November 6, 2008

life


life is fragile. you can be sailing along without a care in the world and the next minute your sail can fall and leave you regretting you didn't do that extra little bit of visiting, story telling, photo taking, just being. my sweet grandpa passed away today. i am sad. sad for my dad. sad for my grandma. sad that i didn't take the many opportunities to spend more time with him. today is full of regret. it is also full of lessons learned. i hope to focus on the lessons and not get caught up in the 'should haves' that i can't get out of my mind. i'll be hugging my kids a little tighter and taking the time to listen closer. i am thankful for life, and for the difficult lessons it gives me that help to make me better.

4 comments:

Nana Sue said...

Well said Suni May, thank you for your tender thoughts and for being there today, you are wonderful.....I hope you know that. love and hugs.

janetha. said...

:)

linds said...

thank you suni...

Sid said...

I am sorry suni- it's always hard to lose someone you love! we love you guys!