Monday, September 1, 2008

labor day bowling

usually labor day is hot. hot enough to go play outside at the park or have a bar-b-que with friends. not this year. we went to bed to howling wind, sideways rain and flickering power. we got up to the same...a downpour of wet and freezing temperatures. so, no bird hunting for the big boys and no picnic at the park for me and the little ones. we decided to take it to the alley...and took the boys bowling. luke insisted on 'helping' me every turn and finally settled down with a zone bar and a bag of chips. what a kid. max did great and as usual, mike creamed us all. (my excuse is that luke was helping and i didn't have a fair chance!)

jake's great form...

me & my helper.
go mike!
don't max's feet look huge here?
love the excitement!

now mike is off with jake riding horses while luke sleeps and max does puzzles and hangs at home with me.

happy labor day. we hope you found something fun to do on your day off...besides labor.

6 comments:

Nana Sue said...

What a fun day, I can see a bowling team in your future! Yes, the howling wind, lightning and rain was something! Love the pics of all of you! Hugs and love!

janetha. said...

looks like a grand time, i love bowling! but i am horrible!

ermakaluso said...

Bowling is a favorite for us...but we were lucky enough to go swimming today! Glad you guys found something fun to do in that crazy weather!

Tam said...

Your weather sounded horrible. Hope its not a precursor for things to come! I need to take our kids bowling. I HATE it but I think they'd love it. The whole borrowing shoes grosses me out. All in the name of fun eh?

Sid said...

looks so fun- too bad it was so cold that day!

lovejoy said...

I remember the days of bowling with our sisters and dads. Didn't we get pizza after? Just vague memories, but memories nonetheless. If I remember correctly, I creamed you back in those days...