Wednesday, July 9, 2008

july 2nd was the big day. the day i've been waiting for for the past 7 years. to some it may not seem like a big deal, but to me, new windows was HUGE! our home is old. like close to 60 years old. and with an old house comes old windows. single pane, cracked, leaky, noisy, cold in the winter, hot in the summer, on and on. so the day came when we decided it was time. actually, once we sold our car and had the $ in hand...that is what ultimately decided for us. i digress. my darling sister works at advanced window products and hooked us up with the greatest windows in america. seriously. they are amazing. we got the bid, had rich or rob or whoever he was come measure and a week later marshall (darling sister's boyfriend) and his buddy were here to install the beauties. poor marshall said it was one of the toughest window removal jobs he's had yet. apparently the old house came with old steel windows that were installed in the concrete. crazy. you should have seen marshall trying to rip those puppies out. i could show you, but mike had my camera on the river trip mentioned before. so, no before pictures and no during shots. although mike said i had over 7 years to take before pictures. who wants to take pictures of crummy old windows? but here are some of the new windows.

one of my bedroom windows
kitchen...
office...where i spend too much of my time. but at least now i can see the kids playing in the backyard!
the front - it's hard to really see the beauty of this one with the blinds down...but it's amazing! and HUGE!
outside kitchen

i love love love them.

why do i love them? life inside my house has become so quiet. well, ok...not that quiet, but really, the outside noise i had grown to hate is gone! no more windows shaking when life flight flies over our house (we live close to a hospital and are right below the flight path life flight always takes). no more (well much quieter) barking neighbor dogs. no more abnoxious neighbor children screaming. it's wonderful. and for the cool factor. the heat wave has subsided...that wave that would hit me whenever i walked upstairs from the basement. it's much cooler! all in all they are fabulous. and the look darn good too! i've only had a few birds fly into my kitchen window...hope they didn't leave a mark.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nana Sue said...

Oh Suni, they really are beautiful! It makes your cute home look brand new! Glad you could get them ALL done at once!
Love you!

ermakaluso said...

Love the new look...of the windows and the blog!

Sid said...

dido- love the windows and blog- i need to update mine- youll have to teach me how.

janetha. said...

happy you got your windows! i wish i had taken before and afters...the transformation was amazing and your house looks fabulous. i love the new blog toooooooo

lovejoy said...

I am just wondering if any of your neighbors check your blog; and if they do, are they wondering if it's their children who are obnoxious. By the way, I'm missing my pet mud swallow. Have you seen it? I was taking it for a drive when it flew out the window, just east of my old Jr High...

Brandy said...

Who knew I could be jealous of windows? I understand your pain though. I, too, live in a 60 yr. old house and have single pane windows in all but my living room area. I sleep with earplugs in, so I don't hear the neighbor's dog howl all night, or hear them yelling at it to 'shut up'. It's pretty sad when you know the name of your neighbors two dogs before you know their names. Yikes! Someday, I hope to know your joy too.