Wednesday, May 14, 2008

wasting time?


i've been slacking a bit on the blogging thing...it's time to get back in the swing of things. actually, a lot of things have gone by the way side these past 2 weeks. i have an excuse though. and it's a good one. all you book lovers out there will understand. i finally decided to read the twilight books by stephanie meyer. all three of them. in as little time as possible. wow. talk about sucking you in and causing you to ignore every screaming child, every toy on the floor. dishes piled up in the sink, laundry baskets kept filling up, the floor kept getting dirty. i broke away from edward long enough to clean on monday, so things weren't too terrible. i can say that i am exhausted from all the late nights. i mean, when was the last time i stayed up until 12:30 reading because i wanted to?! it was wonderful. and the books...the best. the anticipation will grow as i wait for #4 to be released in august. i guess i'll have time to catch up on all i missed these past 2 weeks while reading!

5 comments:

Sid said...

Oh boy- I know how that goes. I never thought a vampire could be sooooo addicting! I just bought The Host today at Costco, I will let you know if it's good!

Nana Sue said...

Been there done that!! Welcome to the S. Meyer's fan club! Do you know she has another book (not vampire sequel) called "The Host"? Better pick it up! Love and hugs to you!!

linds said...

ya,ya...strange about those vampires. i thought the other book was not coming out until december. august is great news!

ermakaluso said...

I love to read, but I always have to make sure too much isn't going on because once I open that front cover everything else goes to pot. I can't wait for #4!

Corinne said...

Yes, I DO understand. I actually made my children sit, buckled in, in the Target parking lot while I sat and finished a chapter for 20 minutes before we went inside :)