Wednesday, February 20, 2008

chicken

ok, so i shared my jim brickman concert experience. amazing. well, on saturday i headed out to california to visit marisa and family. i was at the salt lake airport. i had just gotten through security and up the escalators and was heading to my gate, when out of the corner of my eye i thought i recognized this lady. she looked exactly like anne from the concert thursday night. i took a triple take - seriously - and realized...yep, that's her! and to my surprise, jim brickman was right next to her. !! i'm normally the type to just smile and keep walking - not one to make a scene. plus i'm a chicken when it comes to approaching strangers that i'm fond of. just ask my mom. anyway, by the time i had finished my triple take and realized that jim was there too (like how i'm now on a first name basis?!) they were behind me. i stopped, turned around and approached them. i told them that i had been at the concert thursday night and that it was wonderful. they thanked me for the compliment and we went on our way. i immediately called mom and mike and told them who i had met. pretty exciting! only, it gets better. i got down to my gate and was standing around waiting for my plane to begin boarding. the airport was really busy - no where to sit. so i was standing there people watching. lo and behold, who came walking down the corridor? jim and friends! oh, i should mention that mom was disappointed that i hadn't asked for an autograph for my boarding pass in our first meeting. when i saw them walking down the hallway i was on the phone with mom. i told her they were right in front of me - literally. she encouraged me to get an autograph. being the chicken i am...i found a seat and sat to wait for my plane. then i said to myself, "you'll never have this chance again - ever. and he'll never remember you. who cares if you make a fool of yourself!" so, i got up, went over to where they were standing and asked for an autograph. yes, i am a crazy fan! his tour manager asked if i had something for him to sign, so i started to pull out a piece of scrap paper from my bag. he said - wait, i may have a picture i can sign for you. WhAT?! a signature and a picture? just my luck! he signed and we chatted for a few minutes. i told him i was on the third row at the thursday night concert and it was amazing. he thanked me. get this - his tour manager said she remembered seeing me down front?! must be this crazy unforgettable hairdo of mine. so, here it is. my prized jim brickman photo. somehow i don't think mike would like me to frame it and hang it in the front room. so, how's that for being a chicken?!

4 comments:

Nana Sue said...

Yeah for Suni! She is no longer a member of the chicken club!! What a great story and a memory you will always have (good idea-no photo in living room!)!! Proud of you sweetie! Hugs!

ermakaluso said...

Maybe not your living room, but the nightstand?! And I guess if you wouldn't have come to see me, you would have never had this great experience!

janetha. said...

hahahahaha good work i say nightstand too

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.