Wednesday, August 27, 2008

max started kindergarten!



is max really old enough to be going to school? it's hard to believe. well, he started kindergarten this week - just got to go on monday, then have his assessment on tuesday and he'll start for real after labor day. this week was just a teaser. he picked out his new robot shirt and was so excited to wear his new school shoes (thanks, nana sue). he loved his camo backpack from preschool last year and didn't want me to get him a new one...so, off to school we went. lucky for us, we live just down the street from the school, so max can walk to school and home again with the neighbor kids. i took him up on monday and stayed for a few minutes. at one point he came up to me, gave me a huge hug and said, 'i love you, mom.' *sniff* what a gentle boy i have. he was so excited and having him be so ready for school makes it easier to 'let him go.' it was a short day, but he was thrilled to have 4 of his church friends in his class. as long a mrs. wallace can keep those boys in line...it'll be a great year!

7 comments:

Nana Sue said...

Oh Max what a sweetheart you are! Those "I love you's" go a long way with moms!! Love you all!

Unknown said...

Its hard to see you little boy go to school I know I kept thinking where did the time go. He will love it. It will get easier for mom also.

Tam said...

How stinkin' cute. I cannot find cute boy clothes. That has been my biggest complaint w/ the whole boy thing. I need you to start shoppin for me!

lovejoy said...

He looks so handsome!! School can be such a great thing for their little brains (or big brains, whatever they may have...).

ermakaluso said...

Yay for Max! It looks like he is happy with his two thumbs up!

janetha. said...

well it is a good thing max is stoked for school and not scared or sad, that last photo looks like he is really excited! i am sure he will be a smarty pants

Sid said...

yeah max- good job!